The hill of Death

Yesterday, I had the amazing opportunity to put myself continuously out of my comfort zone and push myself as hard as I could. Minneapolis Ski Club met out at Battle Creek to ski the Hill of Death, aka Springside Hill. We also had the pleasure of having World Bronze Medalist Caitlin Gregg join us in the interval workout.
Sarah, Ben, me, Mattie, Caitlin, and Joe

It was hot and humid, but it added to the work-out drama, along with the rolling clock, and our ride down the hill, because it was too steep to ski down. It was super hard, I felt like I was going to throw up, and my legs felt like rubber at the top of every hill, but something kept me going, kept me getting in the car, and sipping that water, rubbing my legs, and shaking out before the start of the next interval. It was the hardest,  suckiest, workout I've done all summer, but I loved it! Maybe it's just the insanity that runs through my genes, (quite possible since my cousins and I were 50% of the group there), or maybe it's the big goals I have set for myself that kept me putting 100% into each hill, knowing how it would make me just a little bit better skier. 
Mattie and I with our pain faces
But I think one thing I know about myself is I enjoy pushing myself into the pain zone, where I can challenge myself and finish the workout knowing that I couldn't have done it any better. For me, it's not hard getting out the door and skiing because each time I get an adrenaline rush, and I know that very few people can train the way that I am, and it makes me proud.
Post workout smiles!

Whenever I do workout like these, it always gets me really pumped up for the ski season! I'm so glad I'm able to do a sport that I enjoy and love!
The cousins

Brochman shows us how it's done!

Staged pole-fighting


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprint Course Preview

Mental Health

2nd Race- 5k Individual Start