Jumping into July

I can't believe a month has gone by of summer vacation, and as I predicted, I am very caught up in working out, working, and doing a little studying, along with hanging out with friends!
This training period has been going very well, and I've been pretty pleased with my workouts, the volume I'm putting in, and my progressing strength. All I need to do now is just up my running miles a little bit, and I'm right on track!
A very early morning run in Battle Creek with an old teammate

One thing I got to do this month was say good bye to one of my very very good friends, Mimi. She was our captain for Cross Country, Skiing, and Track, and she has always been an amazing role model for me. Mimi is actually leaving for college now, a couple months earlier than most people because she is going to West Point! While it was tough saying bye, I know she will have an amazing experience.

I'm so pumped because while my training situation did change a bit with clubs switching around and all, I now train almost exclusively with my teammates, which is awesome for all of us! I love being around all of them, and we always have so much fun!
Some (non-posed) running on an Afton beach
Selfie in Afton!


With the first couple weeks out of the way, some time trials and strength tests will be coming out before I head out to Vermont for the U16 National Development camp!! So excited!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprint Course Preview

Mental Health

2nd Race- 5k Individual Start