The Sticky Snow Situation

The lazy-non endurance athlete part of me (we all have it in us, right?) kept procrastinating writing up a blog because who would want to hear about the hamster ball skiing we've been doing in the Twin Cities? I'm extremely grateful for the skiing that we have been doing with the extremely mild winter we've been suffering through. Luckily, Three Rivers has cranked out a couple 'k' at Hyland Bloomington and Elm Creek, but with every other nordic skier in the Twin Cities itching to get on snow, it sometimes can get a little packed.

Luckily I have awesome parents who brought my sisters and I up to Northern Minnesota for a overnight ski vacation! With a bunch of distance skis on the schedule, it was great to catch up with my awesome cousins who were also up there searching for snow!
We were feeling rather sassy
The 2 days were filled with amazing snow and company!
This was a great training weekend for because not only does Giants Ridge host the state meet in early February (I always love knowing a course really well!) but it was also very refreshing skiing in the woods on freshly snowed-and-groomed trails!
Really embracing the fresh snow!
The only bummer of the trip was having to say no to a short notice pick-up race that some of the teams at the Ridge were putting on. As much as I love to compete and ski fast, I had to say no because in a little less than a week, I leave for Houghton, Michigan for the 2016 Cross Country National Championships! In between racing, homework, and napping, I will be posting updates on the races! Here's a quick schedule:
Sunday: Classic 10k Individual start
Monday: Skate Sprints
Thursday: Skate 5k Mass start 
We were really having a 'frosty' day! :)
So now I'm off to do my snow dance: hopefully tonight, the Twin Cities will get a big dump of snow...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health

Sprint Course Preview

2nd Race- 5k Individual Start