Giants (F)ridge

Contrary to my last post promising to put my state post up as soon as possible, I waited a little bit because I didn't really know what to make of my state races. 
We got there the day before state because there were some of our teammates in the relay races. It was pretty chilly, and windy,  but sunny so it was tolerable. Besides cheering for our teammates, we skied the courses and then relaxed. We went back to our hotel and had a pretty laid back evening. Because of the cold, the races got pushed back, and we went out two at a time. Anna French and I started together! I let her lead the first kilometers but my skis were so fast that I got super good glide on the downhills and got ahead! 
The group following me
I raced pretty hard,  but with no one around me, I don't know how I would have done if I had been with someone. I wish I had placed higher, but my classic race made up for it. The past 2 years I had placed higher than expected for skate and then always gotten passed in the classic race. I really wanted to get top 5 which was why I was bummed by my 4th place skate finish. 

Classic skiing with a pack right behind me

I went out with a pack about 5 seconds right behind me and I was pretty scared. I skied hard but when I got to the top, I hadn't gotten caught, heading into my territory, (I love downhills and flats!) I was so excited and cruised so fast on my super fast skis into the finish!
It was so awesome and it took me the whole night to stop smiling. It was an amazing awesome experience and especially since I was with all of my teammates. But it was still cold. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Race- 5k Individual Start

Sprint Course Preview

Mental Health